WATER STORAGE TANKS
Category: Construction & Real Estate
Subcategory: Other Construction & Real Estate
Exporter: TERRAZZO LTD.
Polytex division is covering area of 70,000 sft with a automated manufacturing capacity of 3000 metric tonnes, Terrazzo Dubai Co. LLC is using the state of the art Four Arm / Three Arm Bi-axial machines (Reinhardt - German Design) and Rock and Roll machine for manufacturing our products. The bi-axial machines, as the name suggest, rotates the mould on two axis, providing the complete rotation. This bi-axially rotating mould is then heated by the circulating hot air at a temperature of 280 - 3000 C. This high temperature is reached by firing specially designed German made diesel fired burner. When the heating is completed, the mould is moved to the cooling stations. Here it is cooled by high pressure air blowing from heavy duty air blowers.
Terrazzo Dubai Co. LLC uses PLC Controlled Reinhardt – Germany designed Bi-Axial machines, which has an excellent temperature control system which enables precise control of the temperature at which the products are made without causing any degradation to the material of the tanks. These machines enable manufacture of the products with excellent quality and also the quality is consistent from product to product which is not possible without such a control.
MATERIAL HANDLING SYSTEM
We have fully mechanized system for handling our material such as forklifts & pallet trucks storage racks.
We are fully equipped with testing machines for testing our incoming raw materials & outgoing finished goods.
Terrazzo Dubai LLC uses shell-like moulds for production. They define the outside shape of the product but do not have internal core. Cast aluminium is commonly used for multi – cavity moulds for complex shapes. Fabricated sheet metal moulds are generally used as moulds and should comprise six key factors viz. shape, size, quantity, appearance, heat transfer and weight capacity of the machine. The basic requirements of a mould used by us are as under:-
- It should have a good thermal conductivity so that the heat is transferred to and from the plastic as quickly as possible.
- The mould should be able to withstand, without warping, the thermal cycle of the heating and cooling stages of the process.
- There should be provision of quick release clamps to keep the halves of the mould tightly closed during the heating and cooling stages but which facilitate fast opening of the mould at the end of the cycle.
- The mounting of the mould on the arm /plate should not prevent the free passage of air over the entire surface of the mould, otherwise hot spots are formed.
- It is desirable to have a vent pipe in the moulds.
For excellent texture in products like flower pots, playground furniture, etc., aluminium cast moulds are used.
THE ROTO PROCESS
The principle of rotational molding of plastics is simple. Basically the process consists of introducing a known amount of plastic in powder, granular, or viscous liquid form into a hollow, shell-like mold.7–9 The mold is rotated and/ or rocked about two principal axes at relatively low speeds as it is heated so that the plastic enclosed in the mold adheres to, and forms a monolithic layer against, the mold surface. The mold rotation continues during the cooling phase so that the plastic retains its desired shape as it solidifies. When the plastic is sufficiently rigid, the cooling and mold rotation is stopped to allow the removal of the plastic product from the mold. At this stage, the cyclic process may be repeated. The basic steps of (a) mold charging, (b) mold heating, (c) mold cooling, and (d) part ejection are shown below
Mould movement and mould heating are the two most important functions of a rotational molding machine. From the movement point of view, these machines can be divided in two categories :
1. Rock and roll type.
2. Bi-axial rotational type.
ROCK AND ROLL TYPE:
Ideally, biaxial rotation is required for uniform product quality, but rock & roll machines does not permit such biaxial movement. Therefore Rock & roll machines are not useful in moulding tanks economically.
In rock and roll type machines, mould rock in one direction and roll in another direction. Rocking is in 180 degree and rolling is around Y axis .Moulding is carried by direct heating. LPG or kerosene burners are provided just below the mould . Mould is directly heated during molding cycle hence there is no temp. control. This type machines are not recommended because tanks reduced on these machines are neither gives productivity nor cost effectively. These machines are unable to produce the tanks economically to compete today's market.
BI-AXIAL ROTATIONAL TYPE:
In Bi-axial type machines mold is heated in closed furnace where hot air is used to heat the mould. The Mold is mounted on a arm which rotate the it in two direction hence the process is called as biaxial process. The process is control by diff parameter of molding therefore in biaxial it is possible to produce qualitative and economical tanks.
Following are the advantages of using this type of machine.
- Cost effective machine running cost is very less
- High Productivity
- Consistent quality
- Uniform wall thickness
- Accurate Process control
- User-friendly machine operation
Further, the bi-axial rotation machines are categorized into:
Two Arm Machine
Three Arm Machine
Independent Arm Machine
ADVANTAGES OF ROTATIONAL MOULDING
- Moulds are simple and relatively inexpensive.
- Moulds of quite different sizes and shapes may be run simultaneously on the same equipment.
Articles with undercuts and intricate contors can be moulded easily. The process is particularly suited to larger products and for special features such as double skinned mouldings, which can be readily moulded.
- Parts have good wall thickness uniformity compared to those produced by processes such as blow moulding or thermoforming.
- Products can be virtually stress-free provided precautions are taken. No weld lines or sprue marks are caused by processing
- The product’s main feature is its flexibility and wide variety of shapes and sizes.
- It is ideally suited for economical short production runs and has an ever increasing role in prototype work for other processes.
- Multiple colors can be moulded at the same time.
- Products can be made in multiple layers.
- Moulded-in inserts are possible.
- Parts can be produced with vertical walls with no draft angles.
FOLLOWING ARE THE SALIENT FEATURES OF POLYTEX PRODUCTS:
- Ultra Modern Manufacturing Technique
Polytex products are manufactured using state-of-the-art technology with stringent quality requirements in each and every stage of manufacturing to give the customer a world class quality product in a wide range for different applications.
- Easy to Use and Clean
Polytex products are easy to clean and use.
- Maintenance Free
From the Polytex moulds, products have no seams, joints or welds & man-hole machining is not required. moulds have inside mirror finish produced by buffing and parting line flanges are perfectly matched by machining. Internal dimensions are perfectly maintained in close tolerances.
- Attractive models
Terrazzo Dubai LLC has different types of designs for Road Barriers. We have different designs and different sizes of the barriers.
- Best Availability of Raw material
Polytex moulds are made from mild steel/stainless steel 2 mm thickness and are the best available in the market & so are the raw materials. Polyethylene used in making tanks is being imported from Sabic, Reliance, Du Pont, Braschem, Samsung , Exxon, DSM, etc.
- Quality product at competitive price
Inspite of the fact that our products have superior features than those of our competitors, the price are very competitive.
- Best After Sales
Our sales network is spread all over the GCC countries. In case of any emergency the client is responded at his first call. Solving customer’s problems is our TOP PRIORITY.