Category: Construction & Real Estate
Subcategory: Masonry Materials
Exporter: TERRAZZO LTD.
TERRAZZO has installed and commissioned state-of-art robotics operated manufacturing plant based on latest innovation of German technology from Hess Group and Schlosser Pfeiffer. The manufacturing process is fully automated with an optima concept in electrical and hydraulic systems, handling of raw materials, mixing of ingredients, production & curing of elements, packing and dispatch. The advantages with a fully automatic Plant are less production area with minimum manpower, more output with better quality & flexibility.
In other words, quality and commitment, therefore, is our prime concern in all the activities we undertake and we shall all strive in earnest to continuously improve our services, our operation, our systems, our knowledge and ourselves in upholding this core value and in keeping our corporate goals of pioneering growth and leadership.
The sophisticated plant covering area of 800,000 square feet is top of the range and able to produce various kinds of block and pavers as per British Standards. It was a production capacity of approximately 86,000 nos. blocks per day OR 5,700 m2 pavers per day, depending upon various designs.
TERRABLOC use over thirty different moulds to manufacture the blocks and interlocking pavers. They are available in a variety of shapes and colours with chamfered or straight edges.
CONCRETE MASONRY BLOCKS
Concrete blocks are used as building materials providing excellent insulation, being highly heat and fire resistant. Terrazzo manufactures blocks in various sizes and shapes to enable consultants to offer endless design options to the customers.
TERRABLOC Blocks specifications are :-
- High Load Bearing
- Fire Resistant
- Excellent Sound Insulation
- High Thermal Efficiency
- Energy Saving
Hollow blocks are precast masonary units made out of homogeneous concrete mix, likely to have two hollow cavities which reduce weight and improve insulation. The use of block work allows structures to be built in the traditional masonary style with layers or courses of overlapping blocks. These cement hollow bocks are widely used for building infrastructure and require low maintenance. High dimensional accuracy and consistent finish make these blocks an ideal building material in the construction of both load bearing and non-load bearing (partition wall) structures. Our cement hollow blocks are supplied to clients after being tested on various parameters. These concrete hollow blocks are a better substitute to work expeditiously as well as building a structure of long lasting value.
Solid blocks are extremely durable and well suited for general building works. These products are designed to meet and exceed all current and future regulations and are manufactured using the very latest production technology, in the most technologically advanced plant in the region. Solid blocks are manufactured with crushed aggregates, sand and cement and are commonly used for foundation of structures. Solid blocks are produced using ordinary Portland cement or sulphate resistance cement according to the requirement of customers. In addition to their load bearing capabilities, they provide a solid surface for plastering and rendering. They never disintegrate, providing a lifetime of trouble free performance.
HOURDI BLOCKS (FILLER BLOCKS)
Hourdi blocks are concrete building blocks with hollow cavities made using normal weight aggregates and are primarily used as filler in the construction of ribbed slabs. On special request, cellular types can also be made. Houdi blocks are manufactured with crushed aggregates. They are multi utility masonry blocks, which are getting more and more popular these days. They are suitable to withstand extreme climatic conditions. Hourdi blocks are used in the slab floor concrete. They are also known as filler blocks. Hourdi blocks are resistant to fire, different weather conditions and ageing. They have wonderful sound and thermal insulation capability. TERRABLOC produces all standard sizes and shapes of hourdi bocks according to the requirements of the customers.
Thermal insulated blocks are made of concrete consisting of selected aggregates and cement with extruded polystyrene of density 25 kg/m3 , which is specially designed and placed symmetrically, is integrally locked into the concrete structure resulting in excellent thermal insulation and bonding.
ADVANTAGES OF USING THERMAL BLOCKS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Excellent insulation because of the absence of thermal bridge between the two sides of the block.
- The integrally bonded expanded polystyrene creates efficient thermal barrier.
- Environmental friendly CFC free polystyrene inserts provide good sound insulation.
- Polystyrene acts as excellent vapor and moisture barrier.
- Thermo block can save electricity costs by over 50%.
- Thermal modulation is reduced, leading to reduced demand on the air conditioning system.
Block paving is a simple innovative construction technique and practical way for providing an ideal surface which can handle heavy traffic and suitable for several applications like walkways and parking areas. It’s attractive, functional, economical and easy to use features have made block paving more usable than any other form of conventional paving such as asphalt, rigid concrete, traditional tiles, etc. Block paving has several advantages over any other form of paving. Few of them are mentioned below:
- MORE STRENGTH – Paving blocks are stronger and durable, enabling them to handle the weight of heavy construction equipment or fully loaded trailers, additionally they have an exceptionally long product life of 20 years.
- LESS ABSORBENT – Paving blocks have less water absorption (5%), providing substantial resistance to oil and salt, common destructive agents to the life and appearance of other paving surfaces.
- MORE ATTRACTIVE – Because paving Blocks are readily available in a variety of shapes and colours, an endless number of beautiful patters and designs can be created.
- EASIER AND YEAR-ROUND INSTALLATION – Each block is easily held in one hand and the installation requires neither the specialized equipment nor an intensively skilled labour. It can be installed anytime of the year, in practically any type of climate or weather, and paved areas are ready for use immediately after completion, which will in short, avoid costly construction delays.
- LESS MAINTENANCE – Concrete paving block require for less maintenance than other paving materials. The strength and durability of paving blocks eliminates the costly patching and surfacing, while coloured blocks makes it possible to create a mosaic of parking-space lines and directional signs, which eliminates painting.
- EASILY REUSABLE – The most remarkable is its ease of handing. If for any reason, you have decided to replace or remove them for repairing a water line or any services which are normally laid under paved areas, simply remove the blocks, do the job and then replace the same blocks, provided that the removed blocks are preserved.
- ECO-FRIENDLY – Paving blocks remain aesthetically pleasing and cooler than other paving systems, especially in summer, which makes it an ideal choice for parks, patios, around swimming pools, pedestrian areas, etc.
- COST SAVINGS – The initially higher cost of paving blocks is recouped many times over through longer product life, reduced maintenance and repair, sealing and stripping costs, making paving blocks the most economical material available for our next paving job.
Because of the shapes, paving blocks have a unique ability of ‘interlocking’ which allows pavers to handle heavy loads and spread them over sub-base, by means of arching and bridging action. The preparation of the sub-base is extremely important because the life of the paving is entirely dependent upon the quality of the sub-base. Pavers are always laid over 50mm of sand bed.
Paving blocks are designed to be both functional and decorative, providing an attractive paving system of considerable strength. Paving blocks with varieties of shapes, sizes and colours are manufactured according to British standards, for the construction of footpaths, roads, parking areas, shopping malls, villas, etc.
Block paving is commonly used in
- Buildings for walkways and parking areas
- Villas for walkways, parking areas and patios
- Roads for sidewalks, drive ways and parking lots
- Fuel stations
Quality pavers from TERRABLOC can help you discover new inspirational ideas to create a wide spectrum of designs for your drive way and patio areas. Usually, they are available in seven colours such as grey, red, black, green, yellow, tan and beige. Multi-colou interlock is a unique yet diverse mode of colouring. The concrete paving blocks both coloured and non-coloured are laid adjacent to each other to form various designs and a durable stable surface. TERRABLOC paving blocks are manufactured to high standards offering a distinctive and worthwhile investment for your project with low maintenance and a superb appearance.
Rectangular pavers are the basic block paviours and are both functional and decorative. Though simple in shape, rectangular blocks are the most commonly used blocks for sidewalks, petrol stations and drive ways.
Quadro is another strikingly attractive paving block which is suitable and ideal for sidewalks, domestic driveways, parking bays and any other area subject to light weight vehicular use.
It is one of the most versatile and attractive block paving systems which offers an almost unlimited rage of laying patterns which can be made even more exciting by introducing contracting colours. The number of design possibilities with the quadro system is almost limitless. This paving system is ideal for villas, palaces, courtyards and various other lightweight vehicular traffic areas.
Square & Edgestone pavers are the bask block paviours and both functional and decorative. Though simple in shape, square blocks are the most commonly used blocks for sidewalks, petrol stations and drive ways.
Heel Kerbs are designed to complement block paving and serve as an ideal, attractive and versatile edge restraint.